George Dawson the Inspirational Learning Example  

Posted by Fast Fire Fish in

I'M SO SORRY!!! I was terribly busy engaging with stuff like attending courses and work that I was unable to update my site for quite a while. Once again I apologize to my sincere readers. TODAY, I would like to share an inspirational legendary man that was little known to the general public, George Dawson.

This man, George Dawson was illiterate for almost his entire life until this man, Carl Henry chanced upon his life. Did you or hear anyone said they are too old to be learning anything? Well....think again. Not with this man definitely. He was 98 years old when he just started to learn how to read. Try to beat that. I had the privilege of being shown the video on the part where George Dawson appeared on the Oprah show during my course. It was totally amazing if you asked me. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a source for the video to share with you guys.

Nevertheless, the spirit of learning is the message that I want to convey through this life example. My sincere respects for this man, George Dawson.


Wikipedia Link: George Dawson


Related Posts by Categories



Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

This entry was posted on Monday, October 6, 2008 at Monday, October 06, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

17 comments

When Dawson was around age 90, he made door-to-door visits on behalf of a local adult basic education program came by his home. Dawson overcame his initial reluctance to reveal his illiteracy, telling himself, "All your life you’ve wanted to read. Maybe this is why you’re still around.

December 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM

well i did inseminations 19th and 20th March and im due 12th Dec so i would say your due a month before me 12th Nov? though why dont you know your due date by know?

December 30, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I'm currently having a very difficult time with Math in high school. I'm starting to feel hopeless because I'm self studying from the very beginning of Algebra and I need to catch up on many things that many classmates know already. I really want to excel in Math and sometimes I just feel so hopeless.

January 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

The cheapest apts will be in the areas you noted above, if you're staying in the west end, and the price you have is pretty much as low as it can go in.and we solved any mathematical problem in this post.

January 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Wow very difficult sit a 98 age year old man start reading.very good post.

February 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Wow! This is an inspiring story, all right! This reminded me that I need to share the link to my new Laptop Education Wiki. I made it to help teachers that want to be able to do things like this in the everyday classroom.

August 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM

My students love to see themselves in action, but I could never seem to keep up with getting all the pictures I took printed for everyone to see. With our class blog..

August 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Knowledge per say/in itself has no meaning, it would be boring indeed! But, when it is preceded by the experience of the true self of us from within, anything gained gets related to that self and at once the inner fire gets triggered and vibrant liveliness in pursuit of knowledge ensues. Hence, first know thyself which is possible only by oneself and by experience of inner being beyond the application of body

August 6, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Why do you think there are so many who believe that Lady Diana was killed?Unfair deeds have been performed, by those in power, throughout history.

August 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM

George Dawson is such an inspiring man; can you just imagine how wonderful it would be to sit and listen to his stories and his wisdom? Oh, that would be wonderful, in fact that is what I was hoping this book would be like. I have been thinking of him and his story often (since you first posted it). It sad that the writer's ego rather than Mr Dawson's life is what jumps from the page

September 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I need to catch up on many things that many classmates know already. I really want to excel in Math and sometimes I just feel so hopeless.

November 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Really great inspiring story you shared with us.I wonder George Dawson was illiterate and he did many great things.Really he deserves lots of respects.

July 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I created it to help instructors that want to be able to do factors like this in the daily educational setting.

May 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

June 15, 2013 at 5:27 PM

A very nice and informative post indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views.

June 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM

This topic has really touched my soul. The journey of George Dawson is very much inspiring. Thank you for sharing this type of experience. Great post.

September 7, 2016 at 7:20 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
March 15, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here