Hate your iTunes? Maybe you should hack it......  

Posted by Fast Fire Fish in

Hey its been a while since my last entry. But anyway I was toying around with my iTunes. I know its not such a great player and there are tons of more fantastic players out there. The reason I started using it is because I had an ipod mini back and thought iTunes would "probably" be the best man to interface with the syncing of songs. I'm not a fussy person when it comes to media song player so just stick on for the sake of familiarity.

TODAY, I'm going to share with you a hack on iTunes. Guess it always started with the problem huh?

Problem: How do I delete duplicated songs in bulk?


Resolution
The key word would be "bulk" as highlighted in red. For a few songs you might want to do it the manual way of using iTunes existing "Show Duplicates" function to manually delete the songs. However, you could better automate things the way it wasn't.

Steps

1) Get iTunes Library Updater

2) Do the usual installation and start up the interface.
( click on start->programs->ITLU->ITLU(GUI) )

3) Configure how you would like like the updater to sync your files and remove invalid entries which appears as a sickening exclamation mark whenever iTunes couldn't find the location of the file. DONE!


Guess what? You can even have your library updated and keep in sync if ever a new media file were to be added to your library. I duno for you, but it sure solves my problem. For more advance scheduling of automated library sync using the iTunes Library Updater, you could refer to the source which can also be found at the end of the post. Its not that hard since to schedule it to update your library on a regular basis. If you encounter any problem, I'll try my best to help. cheers!


Source: Deleting Duplicate Songs in iTunes


Related Posts by Categories



Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at Wednesday, September 10, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

If we download hacking programs from the internet, and obtain a Parite b virus, should I delete it?

January 5, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here